- This event has passed.
Tow-Celebrate Harvest with our 29th (New) annual Harvest Fest at Fall Creek Winery in Tow
August 25, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pmMultiple Events/prices vary - see website
Fall Creek Vineyards at Tow on beautiful Lake Buchanan is proud to announce their most popular event of the year, the 29th (all New!) Annual Harvest Festival, to take place 11am – 6pm, on Saturday, August 25 at Fall Creek Vineyards, 1820, CR 222, in Tow, Texas, with wine tasting continuously all day long.
For nearly three decades, the FCV Harvest Festival has attracted hundreds of guests throughout Central Texas and beyond, and this year we have limited our Harvest Festival to one Saturday, August 25th. Additionally, we have a whole new re-focused line-up of educational and entertaining presenters in a variety of wine seminars, not to be missed.
- ENJOY Celebrity Dallas CHEF JOANNE BONDY’s Healthful Lunch Wraps (BLT or vegetarian) on the mist-cooled Vineyard Patio served 11:30am – 2:00pm, ($12.50 each, excluding wine).
- As a special treat this year, there will be a unique tasting, The ART of Water & Wine Harmonization (San Pellegrino water paired with three Fall Creek Wines) by Sheri Evans at 1:00pm ($10 per person).
- HANDS-ON WINE Craft Barrel Tasting (take your turn “punching down the cap”!), with FCV Winemaker, Sergio Cuadra at 3:00pm. Guests will be led through a tasting of fermenting juices, just-made wines, and will have fun examining the maze of decisions that need to be made throughout the harvest time. It’s a tell-all behind the mystery of winemaking! ($30 per person).
- Live music will be provided by singer/songwriter Jim Halfpenny (1:00 – 4pm). His unmistakable sound uniquely blends folk, rock, pop and country and was described in the Americana Music Times as “earthy, yet refined”. Jim is also one of the founding organizers of the Dripping Springs Songwriters Festival. Sparkling Rose FALL CREEK cocktails will be the perfect pairing for Jim’s jammin’!
- WINE-DINING in the VINEYARD: Locally-Sourced/Wagyu Beef Supper in the front Vineyard Allee with Celebrity Dallas Chef JOANNE BONDY 4:30pm/Appetizers (guests may purchase the Fall Creek wine of their choosing to enjoy with supper); 5:00pm/Buffet Supper followed by Healthful Trivia Quiz and special prizes with Chef Bondy.
Always fun, free attractions for all ages include lawn games, the grape ‘stomp’ where guests can kick off their shoes and experience the thrill of bare feet grape stomping, I Love Lucy style. The classic episode will be playing so guests can stomp along in the wine barrels.
Guests won’t need to worry about the Texas heat, as all activities are either inside the winery, under shade tents or on the patio with cool misters. For tickets or more information, visit www.fcv.com/events.
About Fall Creek Vineyards:
Founded in 1975, FALL CREEK VINEYARDS is centrally located on the northwest shores of beautiful Lake Buchanan at Tow, Texas, in the Hill Country, and is open to the public every day. Visitors enter the spectacular winery property down an allée of Cyprus trees and are greeted by an inviting courtyard ensconced by classical architecture. In 2015, to celebrate their 40th year since first planting grapes in the Texas Hill Country, the Aulers opened their 2nd winery, Fall Creek Vineyards at Driftwood, directly across FM 1826 from Salt Lick BBQ and Vineyards where Fall Creek harvests grapes. Their many acclaimed, hand sculptured wines include: Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Muscat, Cabernet Sauvignon, Tempranillo, Merlot, Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, the acclaimed Meritus (red blend of Bordeaux varieties), and others. For more information visit www.fcv.com.